Mr Lurgy visited my house last week and I had to down tools for a bit and take to my sick bed. Not good, and I won’t dwell on that – I’ll move on swiftly to my post- illness crochet recuperation. As any crochet lover will know, it does work a treat when one is not firing on all cylinders; calming and soothing, stress relieving and relaxing; last week, I found it to be all these things. I managed to finish a WIP I have been making off and on for a while, a cushion cover using the African flower pattern in a version which ends up as a square. I used red for the petals edged with grey with a black centre, so the flowers looked like poppies, and then finished the squares off with a lovely soft cream yarn. I made 9 of these squares for the front and then decided on a granny square in all of these colours plus a light grey for the back. A button fastening using large white and red buttons for a vintage look, and voila! Here’s a collage with views of all of the afore-mentioned for you to enjoy!
I’m delighted with how it has turned out – I think the African flower pattern is so versatile and can look so different depending on the colours you use. These lovely poppies will keep me going till some real ones grow in the garden.